Coronavirus Disease 2019 (COVID-19) Situation Summary
Coronavirus and the potential for outbreak has been capturing the headlines, and for good reason. We have been following this safety issue for weeks now. There were fatalities reported in the US to date.
Here’s what you need to know:
- Our administrators are working with Health Department, and other state/county officials to be as prepared and safe as we can be
- This CDC Fact sheet is very helpful in understanding
- Coronavirus or COVID-19 https://www.cdc.gov/coronavirus/2019-ncov/summary.html
How Coronavirus (COVID-19) Spreads
- When the coronavirus spreads person-to-person the Center for Disease Control (CDC) believes it happens mainly through droplets produced when an infected person coughs or sneezes.
Symptoms For confirmed COVID-19 infections
- Illness ranges from people being mildly sick to people being severely ill.
- Symptoms can include:
- Shortness of breath, difficulty breathing Symptoms of COVID-19 may appear in as few as 2 days or as long as 14 days after exposure.
If ill with these symptoms, go to a hospital emergency room or call the state health department.
TIPS TO KEEP YOU SAFE:
- If you are sick, please stay home until you are feeling better.
- Cover coughs and/or sneezes with your forearm/elbow. Do not use your hands.
- MOST IMPORTANTLY: Wash your hands often using soap and water for at least 20 seconds.
- Avoid sharing personal household items
- You should not share dishes, drinking glasses, cups, eating utensils, towels, or bedding with other people or pets in your home. After using these items, they should be washed thoroughly with soap and water.
- Clean all “high-touch” surfaces everyday
- High touch surfaces include counters, tabletops, doorknobs, bathroom fixtures, toilets, phones, keyboards, tablets, and bedside tables. Also, clean any surfaces that may have blood, stool, or body fluids on them. Use a household cleaning spray or wipe, according to the label instructions. Labels contain instructions for safe and effective use of the cleaning product including precautions you should take when applying the product, such as wearing gloves and making sure you have good ventilation during use of the product.
- Avoid touching your eyes, nose, and mouth with unwashed hands.
- Avoid shaking hands.
As more information becomes available, we will share it with you. Should you have any specific health concerns or questions please reach out to your local health department